Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Donut


Beautiful isn't it? No not Bristol Park and Ride. The large ring of lard that looks like it's going to do damage to some poor girls cranium.

Yes - I have been over indulging again. Those of you who know me, will ask "So! What's new Wallace, you've always been a porker", and you'd be right to - I've over-indulged all my adult life and a good part of my teen years to boot...

Tonight I sat in a meeting looking at the future of farming in this country and whilst it was very interesting, the most salient point made was that overindulgence is actually not only harmful to me but also the environment. Food is energy, but nearly all the food we eat today has been grown in a way that is heavily energy dependent; so the more crap I eat the more energy I am responsible for using (directly and indirectly). I sat in the room, possibly one of the most lardy men there and it finally dawned on me, that all my efforts at saving electricity and fuel are pointless unless I additionally make a fundamental change to the way I consume food.

Bastard Irony, then decided to shit on me from a great height as my number was drawn from the raffle and I won a huge hamper of food.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bentham said...

you'll be surviving off locally grown wholemeal wheat from now on then?

also I want to come and visit, you bastard.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009  
Anonymous The Wallace Gut said...

I'm growin me own - c'mon down Steve, I'll let you tend my beans.

Thursday, June 04, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called middle aged spread - i have grown one myself!

Geoff P

Sunday, June 07, 2009  
Anonymous Wallace said...

I have a feeling Geoff that mine might actually win awards at this years village fete.

Monday, June 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home