Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Monday, March 02, 2009

Land of the free - part 2

Just a quick update on the previous post. Gem and I were in Washington DC and attended a concert at the Library of Congress.....I'd love to say there were Senators and Congressmen there but in fact this was a run of the mill event and the audience was made up primarily by men and women in frightful knitwear. The music was great, and watching DC's middle-aged wobble about was great fun, however the highlight for me was several trips I made to the libraries many toilets.

We were in the Thomas Jefferson building, which was built in 1897 and they certainly knew how to take a leak back then. I counted 7 pissers in a row and imagined all the great political discussions spilling out of the Library's nooks and into the broad ceramic beauty of its many toilets (manufactured made by American Standard). I stayed there for quite some time and indeed listened to some chit chat across the urinals (pronounced You-rin-alls; thanks Dan). It was heartening to think that there on Capitol Hill, there has always been the opportunity to forge the common bond, but in recent days I've started to wonder what kind of toilets the Obama administration will favour. I imagine Bush had a potty and several large men to tell him when to go and to clean him up after, but I get the impression Obama seems more the type to tell you he's going to the bog with you, only to sneak off to take a sit down piss in a cubicle, whilst talking to himself.

However this is all conjecture - just pissing into the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home