Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

DRug Buddy

The Lemonheads are one of many bands that help to act as milestones for my pot holed memory. I think it was yesterday - I was doing my usual trick of going on a long and presumably for those within earshot, torturous reminisce about my youth - as 'Drug Buddy' ran away in the background. Evan Dando had it all back in 1992 - Juliana Hatfield, acclaim and shiny hair. I on the other hand had a crush on a friend’s girl, a pair of stuttering bongos and frizzy hair.

14 years and we’re both doing better. For Dando we hear a familiar tale: He's soon to turn 40, was 2 blocks away when the twin towers collapsed and met someone supportive enough to help him get it together. So things are back in focus for him and I can't help but want him to do well. He wrote some beautiful, honest songs and still has lovely hair.

Article

POdcast



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home