Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

TV Go Home

Where did it all go wrong? We had some grand old times over the years.

We got on really well from the start. Initially he was like the new boy at school; alien and alluring, with shiney buttons. Then later he became more than just a friend, we became intimate around the time my testicles began to ache. I'd steal furtive glances at him at breakfast and throughout dinner, daydreamed about him at school, waiting for a time when I could be alone with him. Bedtime was a happytime. Nestled under the bedclothes, him beaming back, me making sure he didn't overheat too quickly.

Things started to change, when I reached my twenties. He got bigger, more sophisticated. We didn't watch CHiPs and Jim'll Fix it anymore we were barely able to attend to a programme for more than a couple of minutes so we just channel hopped.

He hooked me up with all kinds new shit, but every fix left me with this feeling in the pit of my stomach. I started taking extra showers. I was up to about 5 a day. We were probably smoking too much and none of it left me feeling clean. Ainsley kept smiling as he ate the pancakes from the batter his mother made from the tigers that chased round the tree, Chris Evans kept grinning conspiratorially and Davina consumed entire nations with her gargantuan gob- she wasn't pregnant, that was a small village she'd eaten.

I had to leave him eventually. He had become so vacuous. His hollow gaze didn't remind me of the shy bashful newboy that had once smiled so proudly from his new table. It was a morose heap, surrounded by old copies of TV Times and soiled tissues, grinning manically with an intense thousand yard stare. It was pathetic. I couldn't go where he was going.

Now my life's so much brighter. I shower when I want to, I'm less stressed and more emotionally fulfilled thanks to this sexy little unit I picked up in the backstreets of Malaysia. She's the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing at night. She's happy to go anywhere with me and is a constant source of diversions. She's so versatile and I hunger for more of those saucy links she finds me. She found me this one and I remembered an old friend with some fondness and some sadness.

Clickonthistelevisuality

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home