Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Virtual News

One Wallace bragging about another I'm afraid.

This week my brother launched a project which is to study whether a Virtual Reality suite can enable Autistic children to learn. Take a look here.

As someone who has recently taught in 'inclusive' classrooms, I can see the potential benefits this project may have for these children. Todays mainstream classrooms can be a very bewildering environment, full of auditory and visual stimulus, which even for the 'normal' child, can cause distress at times. The teachers get pretty frazzled too.

Perhaps the safety of the virtual world will lead to better coping strategies and more effective learning.

You can experience the virtual suite for yourself - here

1 Comments:

Blogger Louis Berceli said...

I don't know who you are, but you linked me so you're fine by me.

Update you blog more often! I've been linked by more people than I can count who start and abandon their blogs without getting anywhere.

Monday, June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home